The Canucks open the regular season with consecutive home games against division rival Calgary on Saturday, October 15th, followed by the Carolina Hurricanes on October 16th.
The Canucks schedule has 29 games against Pacific Division teams, 21 games against remaining Western Conference opponents and 32 games against Eastern Conference clubs.
The busiest night of the week is Saturday with 19 games; Tuesday and Thursday 17 games each.
DATES TO BE AWARE OF
- October 15th Season/home opener vs Calgary Flames
- December 3rd vs Toronto Maple Leafs
- March 7th vs Montreal Canadiens
- March 11th vs 2016 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
- April 8th Regular season home finale vs Edmonton Oilers
- April 9th Regular season finale at Edmonton Oilers
- Vancouver will play 16 back-to-back series in 2016.17 with 9 taking place on the road, 3 at home, and 4 home/road back-to-back splits.
- The Canucks will make 13 road trips and host 13 home stands.
- Vancouver’s longest road trip consists of 6 away games, twice; the first from November 2nd to 10th, and then again from February 7th to 16th.
- The Canucks longest home stand is 5 games from March 7th to March 16th.
- By month Vancouver plays:
- 9 games in October (7 at home; 2 on road)
- 14 games in November (5 at home; 9 on road)
- 15 games in December (8 at home; 7 on road)
- 12 games in January (6 at home; 6 on road)
- 12 games in February (6 at home; 6 on road)
- 15 games in March (7 at home; 8 on road)
- 5 games in April (2 at home; 3 on road).
- Against Pacific Division opponents by month, Canucks have:
- 4 games in October (Flames, Kings, Ducks, Oilers)
- 2 games in November (both against Coyotes)
- 5 games in December (Ducks with 2; Flames, Kings, Oilers
- 4 games in January (Coyotes and Flames with 2 games each)
- 3 games in February (Sharks with 2 games; Flames)
- 6 games in March (Kings and Ducks with 2 games each; Sharks, Oilers)
- 5 games in April (Sharks and Oilers with 2 each; Coyotes)
The Canucks will play seven pre-season games, all against Pacific Division rivals.
They will play four games at home against:
- Edmonton (September 28th)
- San Jose (October 2nd)
- Arizona (October 3rd)
- Calgary (October 6th).
The Canucks play three games on the road in:
- San Jose (September 27th)
- Calgary (September 30th)
- Edmonton (October 8th).