The Legacy Project is an ongoing philanthropic endeavor to support community organizations in the host city of an event.
Click here for more details.
SNEAK PEEK AT WEDNESDAY’S ACTION
All Times Eastern
Team North America @ Team Sweden, 3 p.m., ESPN, SN, TVAS
Team Europe @ Team Canada, 8 p.m., ESPN2, SN, TVAS
WEDNESDAY’S CLINCHING SCENARIOS
* Team Sweden will clinch a spot in the semifinals – as well as first place in Group B – if it earns at least one point against Team North America.
* Team North America will clinch a spot in the semifinals if it defeats Team Sweden in regulation.
* Team North America will be eliminated from semifinal contention if it loses to Team Sweden by five or more goals.
* Team Finland will be eliminated from semifinal contention if Team North America earns at least one point against Team Sweden.
* The winner of the Team Europe-Team Canada game will clinch first place in Group A.
TIEBREAKERS FOR WORLD CUP OF HOCKEY 2016
The top two finishers in Group A and Group B – following the conclusion of round-robin play – will advance to a single-game semifinal, where the first-place team from each group will face an elimination game against the second-place team from the other group.
Winners of the semifinal games then will advance to a best-of-three final series.
The following tiebreakers will determine group rankings at the conclusion of the round robin:
Any tie between two teams will be decided by the result of their head-to-head game.
Steps 1-4 will be calculated based upon ALL games played:
* Step 1: ROW (total regulation/OT wins, not including shootout wins)
* Step 2: Regulation Wins (total regulation wins only)
* Step 3: Goal Differential (total goals for minus total goals against)
* Step 4: Total Goals Scored (total goals for)
Steps 5-6 will be calculated based upon games played between tied teams only:
* Step 5: Goal Differential (total goals for minus total goals against)
* Step 6: Total Goals Scored (total goals for)
^ Note: As soon as any three-way ties are broken down to a two-way tie, the tie will automatically be broken by the head-to-head matchup between the two tied teams (see two-way tie criteria outlined above), and not by continuing on with any additional steps.
Click here to view the standings through four days of the World Cup of Hockey 2016.
WEDNESDAY FAN VILLAGE SCHEDULE
The Scotiabank World Cup of Hockey Fan Village is open Wednesday from 2 – 11 p.m.
Among Wednesday’s highlights:
* Visit WCH2016.com/fanvillage for complete details.
REMINDER: ‘HOCKEY SENSE’ SUMMIT AT HOCKEY HALL OF FAME
The World Cup of Hockey 2016 will host another ‘Hockey Sense’ summit – this time focusing on youth hockey and development – Wednesday at the Hockey Hall of Fame, beginning at 7:30 a.m. (with full program starting at 8:30 a.m.).
Among the attendees will be NHL commissioner Gary Bettman, NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr, NHL vice president of hockey development Pat LaFontaine, Los Angeles Kings president of business operations Luc Robitaille and NHLPA special assistant to the executive director Mathieu Schneider.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
MIC’D UP: Team Russia forward Evgeny Kuznetsov; Team North America forward Nathan MacKinnon; Team Finland defenseman Sami Vatanen; Team Europe forward Mats Zuccarello; and referees Chris Lee, Dan O’Halloran and Kelly Sutherland . . . The Los Angeles Kings unveiled their 50th anniversary jersey, which they will wear for 14 home games in 2016-17.