By Andrew Chernoff
October 8, 2016
Game Time: 6:00 PM PST
Location: Rogers Place
TV: Sportsnet 360
Radio: TSN 1040
Vancouver (2-2-2=6 pts) play the Edmonton Oilers (5–2–0 =10 pts) in the second and last meeting between the two teams in preseason play.
On September 28, Vancouver defeated Edmonton 5-3 handing the Oilers their first loss in the preseason after two successive wins.
Since the win against Edmonton, the Canucks have lost their last three of their last four games, their sole victory being a 4-o win over the Calgary Flames on Thursday night, in their last home preseason game.
The Oilers meanwhile are undefeated in their last three games including a 5-2 win in Winnipeg against the Jets on Thursday night, and have yet to lose at home winning all four previous home preseason games.
Vancouver is 0-1-1 on the road in 2016 preseason play.
With this game, Vancouver and Edmonton finish off their 2016 Preseason exhibition game schedule.
What’s at stake:
The Oilers will attempt to finish off their 2016 preseason undefeated at home, while Vancouver will be doing what they can to hand the Oilers their first home loss, and win their first game on the road in preseason, after being winless in their first two previous road games.
Vancouver will be looking to end its preseason on a high note with a victory tonight and sweep their preseason series against the Oilers.
Canucks At A Glance:
- Vancouver have the 9th most goals for in NHL preseason with 16.
- The Canucks are tied with Calgary for the NHL preseason lead in penalty minutes per game, averaging 16.7 minutes each.
- Vancouver are 2nd in the NHL in preseason with the most hits per game at 26.3
- Canucks have the 15th best face-off winning percentage in NHL preseason at 49.1 percent.
- Vancouver are 11th in the NHL preseason in goals per game, averaging 2.7 g/gp.
- Canucks are 19th in NHL preseason in goals against per game, averaging 2.47 g/gp.
- Nikita Tryamkin is tied for 1rst in NHL preseason hits per game with 4 hits/gm. Tuomo Ruutu is next on the Canucks with an average of 3.3 hits per game.
- Alex Edler is tied for 2nd most NHL preseason assists with 5.
- Bo Horvat has the 2nd most face-off wins in NHL preseason with 43, with a winning percentage of 60.6 percent.
- Tuomo Ruutu is tied for the 7th most hits in NHL preseason with 13;Nikita Tryamkin has 12.
- Markus Granlund is tied for 4th most takeaways in NHL preseason with 4.
- Ryan Miller is tied for 2nd in NHL preseason shutouts with 1.
- Chris Tanev leads the Canucks in blocked shots with 6. Erik Gudbranson and Ben Hutton have 5 each.
Potential Canucks Lines:
They Said It: